Tuesday, April 9, 2024

tracking my passive income

i read this blog post

https://apenquotes.wordpress.com/2024/04/09/tracking-my-passive-income/ 


so i went to find my "passive income"


bank account interests + money market funds = $10,000 per month


zero REITs

zero dividend stocks

zero investment linked insurance

zero t-bills

no count CPF

no options selling


work backwords, i think you can make educated guess the cash base amount

it is not that i humji want to hold cash

but liquidity is important when all other positions are maximum risk


my most sincere advice is not fall for passive income mindset

 

if you have access to a lot of liquidity on demand, you do not need to match inflow and outflow

you can, if you want to

but i am here to remind you, that you do NOT need to

 

when this light bulb can flick on for you

you will become a much more profitable investor


some people will see $10K a month and go "wa, like that can retire"

but those same people will never have what it takes to build up to a base that can provide $10K a month


my expenses are way more than $10K a month

what do i spend my money on?

enjoying life


no point spending all your time and effort earning money

but also not using the money to truly enjoy life


if your goal is to die with a big net worth, i wish you all the best

my goal is to die happy and fulfilled

money is just a tool to help me achieve that, and a fun game to play since i am so good at it

No comments:

Post a Comment